Karlo Novosel was born in Zagreb, in 1981. He has always been educated in classical way. In 1999, he enrolled in the Catholic Faculty of Theology and Faculty of Law in Zagreb where he became the Master of Law in 2005. During his study he showed special interest in Roman law, companies law, commercial law and maritime law. In 2005, he became attorney’s trainee in Law firm Vedriš & Partners and attorney-at-law in the same firm. There, he specialized in commercial, corporative law and companies law. He has achieved valuable experience in litigation, enforcements and administrative procedures (especially dispossessions). He has passed his bar exam in 2007. He pays a lot of attention to conciliation as a way of dealing with disputes in front of numerous state and non state institutions.
He is familiar with Latin and Greek, fluent in English, and knows basics of German and French.
Currently he is a postgraduate at Faculty of Law in Zagreb where he specializes in commercial law and companies law.
- 2008. – Postgraduate study in companies and commercial law, Faculty of Law in Zagreb
- 2007. – Bar exam
- 1999. – 2005. Faculty of Law in Zagreb, course lawyer by education
- 1999. – Catholic Faculty of Theology – Catechist institute, Zagreb
- 1995. – 1999. XV. Grammar school (mathematics – informatics), Zagreb
SEMINARS / SUPPLEMENTARY EDUCATION / PROJECTS
- World Bank Group, IFC, Contribution to Women, Business and the
Law (WBL) project 2021.
- 2020. World Bank Group, IFC, Contribution to Women, Business and the
Law (WBL) project 2020.
- 2016. World Bank Group, IFC, Contribution to Women, Business and the Law (WBL) project 2016.
- 2014. EU, IPA EU Program, Twinning Project, Improvement of enforcement system in Republic of Croatia
- 2014. World Bank Group, IFC, Contribution to Women, Business and the Law (WBL) project 2014.
- 2013. ADR Center - Member of JAMS International, Contribution to project Assessing the Impact of the EU Mediation Directive (Directive 2008 /52/EC) and Exploring Legislative and Non-Legislative Measures to Encourage the Use of Mediation in EU Member States.
- 2012. World Bank Group, IFC, Contribution to Women, Business and the Law (WBL) project 2012.
- 2011. World Bank Group, IFC, Investment Climate Advisory services, Contribution to Investing Across Borders 2012. Report
- 2011. Euregex, Leipzig’s 1st Bank & Collection Day, Speaker – workshop Croatia
- 2010. World Bank Group, IFC, Contribution to Women, Business and the Law (WBL) project 2010.
- 2010. World Bank Group, IFC, Investment Climate Advisory services, Contribution to Investing Across Borders 2010 Report
- 2009. Croatian Bar Association, Zagreb – Conciliation and Mediation, Threat or Business Chance for Lawyers
- 2007. Amendments of Companies Act , Zagreb
- 2007. Croatian Bar Association, Zagreb – Commercial mediation (ways of using it, advantages and possible strategies)
- 2006. Croatian Bar Association– Notaries in enforcement proceedings, Zagreb
- 2005. Croatian Bar Association, Zagreb – Responsibility of Board members and members of Supervisory board, Zagreb
- 2004. Transparency International Croatia – Little anti corruption school, Zagreb
- 2004. Future trends in European labour legislation, Zagreb
- 2004. Round table: Labour market, Matica hrvatska, Zagreb
- 2020. Steering committee U ime obitelji - member
- 2019 Archidiocesan Pastoral Council of Zagreb Archidiocese - member
- 2013. Arbitration Court of Association of Croatian Travel Agencies
- Permanent arbiter
- 2011. JSM Permanent Court of Arbitration
- 2009. Law firm Karlo Novosel
- 2008.– 2009. – Law firm Karlo Novosel /// Zoran Vukelić
- 2005. – 2008. – Law firm Vedriš & Partners
- Attorney’s trainee
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: + 385 98 508 997